Bloom’s Taxonomy – Own experience of making Chocolate Mousse
1. Knowledge
-- Recall the ingredients and steps at the operational level.
(http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Mousse-107437)
1. Knowledge
-- Recall the ingredients and steps at the operational level.
(http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Mousse-107437)
2. Comprehension-- Understand and interpret the instruments that need to use, the amount of the ingredients and the cooking steps.

3. Application
-- Follow the recipe to make a chocolate mousse cake
-- The cream that is for beating to stiff must be very cold (experience from my friends) or a drop of vinegar can be added (heuristics), so that the cream can be whisk easier.
4. Analysis
-- Examine the reasons of the sequence of the steps, the relationships between the steps and the reason of using the cold cream at conceptual level.
5. Synthesis
-- Vary the flavour.
-- Design the garnish.
-- Add some biscuit powder to form several layers (just like the chocolate mousse that made by me).
(poor photo taking ><) 6. Evaluation
-- Justify why some biscuit powder are added.
-- Compare the chocolate mousse cakes that are made by chocolate mousse powder.
(http://www.chefsrecipe.net/WDesert1.htm) 
Other foods that made by me ^^


Wah, Are you an expert in making dessert?
回覆刪除I think that there are many sources from internet, books...about making Chocolate Mousse, so how can you evaulate them to choose to follow it?
HI~ Your dessert seems good! I like the chocolate mousse! I think for the synthesis level, you can also add other ingredients into it, like cheese powder. :] It would taste more delicious as I have tried it before!
回覆刪除Good appearance of your dessert.
回覆刪除For your making dessert, which state is important for you?
Thank you for your comments~~
回覆刪除Molly: No, I am just a novice and making dessert is only one of my habits. ><
For the second question, first I will find some reliable sources, like the cake shops’ websites, the cookbooks written by famous chefs, etc. Then I will consider my friends’ suggestions and analyze my pervious experiences to evaluate which recipe is suitable.
Agnes: Thank you for your suggestion. It is a good idea. May be I will try it next time.
Steven: Actually, the cakes only have nice outlook, but the tastes are…
I think all the stages are important. Because if we want to improve ourselves, we need to attain the higher stages, then we need to have a good basic knowledge at the lower stages first, therefore we can’t omit anyone of them.
Sharon's and Ann's blogs discussed their cooking expereinc. Do you think you all share similar views?
回覆刪除Icircuit: I think I and Sharon shared similar views, because we applied our cooking experiences in the Bloom’s Taxonomy. However, Ann applied her cooking experiences in Individual Learning only and applied skin caring in the Bloom’s Taxonomy.
回覆刪除